There are three prerequisites:
Ensure cron is running (Click here for more information on setting up a cron)
- Login into Magento admin panel
- System → Index Management
- Select all the indices and click on the Submit button
- To ensure indices are always uptodate
- Select Change Index Mode in Actions
- Select Update on Save in Index mode
- Click on the Submit button
- Click here to visit the Magento extension page of Klevu Search. Click on Add to Cart button.
- Click on cart icon on top and click on Go to Checkout button.
- You will be redirected to checkout page. The extension is free to download so you don't need to pay for installing the extension. On checkout page, click on Place Order button.
- Once the order is placed, you will see an option to install the extension. Click on Install button.
- You will get the access key to install the Klevu search extension on Magento site. Click on Copy link.
- Go to Magento Admin Panel → System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager.
- Paste the extension key into Paste extension key to install box → click on Install → click on Proceed. Klevu Search extension will be installed.
- You need to clear the cache before starting to configure Klevu Search. Go back to Magento Admin Panel → System → Cache Management → Select All → Submit.
- Logout from Magento Admin Panel and login again.
- Go to System → Configuration → Search Configuration.
- Click on Start Configuration Wizard.
- Register a new user OR if you already have a Klevu account, login into your Klevu account. Please note that, you can change the Primary email id in future.
- Select a plan and start 14-Day risk free trial.
- Configure a store
- You need to configure Klevu Search separately on each storeview. Choose a storeview from the dropdown to configure the Klevu Search on it.
- Would you like to show product prices including additional tax in search results?:
- If you want Klevu to add additional tax to the product prices set in your Magento backend, select Yes.
- If the product prices set in your Magento backend are already inclusive of tax, you should select No.
- Which base URL would you like to use for products in search results?:
- Unsecure: This will ask the Klevu Search plugin to use the Base URL from System → Configuration → Web → Unsecure
- Secure: This will ask the Klevu Search plugin to use the Base URL from System → Configuration → Web → Secure
- Click on the Finish and Sync button to synchronise your products to Klevu.
You are done, please allow 10-15 minutes before trying out a search on your store.
Important note about the security patch SUPEE-6788
Only if you are using version < 1.2.0 If you have applied the security patch SUPEE-6788, please follow the steps below:
- Login into your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System → Permissions → Blocks
- Add an entry for klevu_search/catalog_product_popularterms