Introduction to Scheduled Campaigns
In a campaign, you can configure one or more categories, each with a set of boosting rules, pinned products, and also a set of products excluded from it. It is called a scheduled campaign as it is possible to activate them for a particular duration in the future.
Scheduled Campaign Rules will be applicable for the campaign only.
- Under Visual Category Merchandising → Scheduled Campaigns, click on the Create New button
- You will see a Category selection popup. This has been introduced to lock the categories that you wish to merchandise. Select the categories that you want to merchandise and click on Proceed. (Read more about Category Locking feature here)
- By default, the default rules created for the selected category are inherited and enabled for the new campaign. However, you have a choice to disable some or all of them for this campaign.
- Click on the Add New button to add a boosting rule for the selected category.
- Here, you can create conditions to promote products on the category page. Select an attribute, choose the appropriate operator and select one or more values for the selected attribute. You can also create a group of conditions by clicking on the Add Group button.
- Now, add a boosting score between 1 and 999 for this rule. Here, the score 1 is the lowest boosting score and 999 is the highest one. When a product satisfies all the conditions, the boosting score specified here will be assigned to this product
- Click on the Apply button to see a preview of the category page with all the boosting rules (created until that moment) to be applied.
Copying A Rule to Other Categories in the Same Campaign
- Once the boosting rule is created, you can copy it to other categories in the came campaign by clicking on the Copy Rule icon
- You can copy the rule to All Categories or to a set of Specific Categories that you locked during category selection (Learn more about locking categories).
Pinning Hero Products
- If you like to show a few selected products at the top of a category page (i.e. first products in the product listing), the VM tool allows you to "pin them to the top". Simply hover your mouse on a respective product and click on the "pin" icon. This will move the “pinned” products at the top of the page.
- Once you have pinned the relevant products to the top, you can begin to adjust their ordering within the top products section as needed. Open the Top Products section, move and drag the respective products at their desired new positions within the top products section.
- It is important to note that the pinned products take the first few spots on the respective category page. The other products (i.e. not pinned) are then organized as per the other applicable boosting scores and/or their self-learning score as computed by the Klevu search engine.
- You can also bulk pin products by selecting them using the product selector and using the PIN SELECTED option under ACTIONS.
- To unpin a product, simply hover over a product in the “top products” section and click on the pin icon to unpin the product.
- To exclude a product from the category page, hover a product and click on the "exclude" icon. The product will disappear from the current product listing.
- You can also bulk exclude products using the product selector and choosing EXCLUDE SELECTED from the ACTIONS menu.
- To include such a product back into the product listing, visit the “Excluded Products” section and include it back.
- Click on the Scheduling button on the top right corner and select the appropriate time zone, date, and time in which you want this campaign to run.
Publishing Boosting Rules
- Once you have created boosting rules and pinned the needed products, you can click on the Save & Publish button to see the changes in effect on the category pages on your store
It will take up to 20 mins to reflect the changes on your store