Shopify Markets is a cross-border management tool that helps you identify, set up, launch, optimize and manage your international markets - all from a single store i.e. you can set up multi-stores within a single Shopify instance.
The following Shopify features are related to Klevu implementation:
- Stores can have multiple currencies.
- Market-specific product prices could be set up.
- Products can be excluded/included at the Markets level.
- Stores can be set up in multiple languages.
Klevu Compatibility with Shopify Market
Here is a list of features Klevu supports and does not support with Shopify Market.
The features that Klevu supports
- If multiple markets have different currencies and prices are dependent on the automatic conversion from Shopify conversion rates, Klevu can support it.
- If your store is using global-e, we have a frontend workaround that enables us to display those prices. For further details, please visit this link.
- Shopify Markets allows users to change product prices in multiple ways, as indicated below:
- Editing the exchange rate.
- A market-level price adjustment for all products.
- Setting up product-specific fixed prices.
Below is the screenshot for reference:
- How many markets are there in your store?
- What is your catalog size?
- Do you have a staging/dev store where you can try this out?
- Are you using JSV2?
The features that Klevu does not support
- A few caveats apply to international markets or markets with multiple countries. A setting called “Show prices to customers in their local currency” is available at the Market level (attached screenshot below). If it is checked, the prices are displayed in the selected country's local currency. We do not currently support geolocation-based prices, but if they are unchecked, we support them.
- Shopify Markets supports the Multi-Language setup i.e. Multiple languages can be set up for each market. Klevu does not support this by default.
The Shopify markets feature allows you to exclude/include products per market (attaching screenshot). Klevu does not currently support this.
Solution and Workaround
To be able to utilize Shopify Markets features that are listed as unsupported above, the solution is to provide us with the product data feed in the below format:
We would require different feeds for different languages and Multi-currency Prices can be passed as part of the feed.
If you need further assistance, please create a ticket from the link.